The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

22 Weeks!

I have been a very bad blogger this week. I will fully admit that I've read the blogs I follow, and totally neglected to comment on posts. I will be going back this evening and commenting. It means so much to me when people take the time to, first of all, read my post, and then submit a comment - that's true dedication and, in my opinion, virtual friendship. I will be back on track by the end of day :)

So, what's been new? Holy cow, outside of hitting the 22 week mark, which I still can't believe I can say I am 22 weeks pregnant... a couple of things:
  • Job continues to be crazy, but awesome. I love being busy and focusing on really important work. On Friday, a really big corporate announcement came out that impacted our team - basically realigning half of us. I am staying put where I am, but only because my current leaders totally had by back and basically said that I needed to stay aligned to them because I am their back-up at some point. I am very happy, but things are always a bit different when the work scene changes.
  • We close on our house on Friday. Oh my gosh, did that come fast. Mr. D and I have a crazy timeline of events planned out between Friday, 4/15 and Saturday, 4/23 (we're splitting our U-Haul moves between two weekends because I need the weekdays to get a contractor in for some minor work, painting the nursery and family room, getting a professional carpet cleaner in, etc.). Our rental condo looks like a mess right now... boxes and random remnants of packing strewn all over. It will be a fun, packed couple of weeks!
And, thankfully, our little man continues to grow... here's my weekly update:

Best Moment of the Week: Having two people (that's right, two people!) say something to me to the effect of, "Oh, you're pregnant!" as they point at my stomach. My personal opinion is that it takes some guts to come out and say something to a woman who looks like they are pregnant... you never know, you could be sorely mistaken, and the woman has just put on some weight. This is why I never ask, unless the woman talks about it herself or it comes up in conversation somehow. But two people this week were passing me at separate times in the hallway at work, and came out and said something about me being pregnant. So, I guess I officially LOOK pregnant to others :) Feels really good after going through weeks of looking like I just packed on a few pounds. I definitely am rocking the basketball and I love it :)

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: "Can I touch your stomach?" Now, I know a lot of women really do not like when others touch their growing belly. I do not mind it at all. It brings a smile to my face that they are so interested in my stomach that they feel compelled to rub it. I've received lots of belly rubs, taps, and soft pushes lately.

Obsessions: Paint and bedding for his nursery. The registries are done, for the most part, except that Mr. D and I need to decide what his room is going to look like. Once we close on our house this week, maybe we'll have a better picture once we can spend some time in his future room.

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: Growing more, closing on our house, moving all of our stuff from storage units to our new place.

What I Miss the Most: Not too much this week. My guy co-workers did start up a conversation over lunch about their favorite beer, and all of a sudden, beer sounded pretty darn good. Is it horrible that the only thing I've really craved so far is alcohol?! NOTE: I haven't drank any... not even a sip, but still crave it.

Symptoms: Continued stuffy nose, and I can tell that my back is a little tired in the evenings. Also, I've sprouted some beautiful spider veins on the top of my feet next to my pinky toes, and close to my ankles. And my boobs... oh, my boobs. They are HUGE and my center area is getting darker and larger. So weird!

2 comments:

  1. What an EXCITING week you have coming up!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are one busy lady!!!
    I know what you mean about the bump. I have started to show a little adn some friends have rubbed my belly. I thought I would hate it, but I kind of like it. I don't think I will appreciate stragners or men I don't know well doing it, but other than that I am with you!
    Congrats on week 22!!!!

    ReplyDelete