The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

37 Weeks!

Here we are, well into the 37th week. We are set. I think. For the most part, anyway. If he were to be born tomorrow, we'd be ready. But selfishly, I want him to hang out inside of me as long as possible. Is it fear? Probably. I am scared, I'll admit it. But I am also excited, anxious, nervous, happy... you name it. Every single emotion you can think of.

I am finishing out the rest of this week at work, working next week, and then working from home until Little Man arrives so that I don't have to waste leave time on non-baby-related time off. I am crossing my fingers that I can make it through this week and next. After that, I would be fine with him coming at any point. Let's hope that's the case.

Here's my update:

Best Moment of the Week: Turning the corner and officially being "full term." Going to my first weekly appointment and finding out I am not effaced or dilated yet. Whew... thank goodness. Our next appointment is tomorrow (I feel like I am back with my RE, going to the doctor ALL THE TIME), and we'll see if anything has progressed.

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: Are you scared? Uh, what kind of question is that? Yes, I am very scared. For everything. Water breaking at work (my #1 fear), contractions hurting like hell, the entire labor process, caring for this new little baby. The fear is in the unknown, and I guess that's what this is all about. But I am also excited :)

Obsessions: Keeping him inside... as much as I can not wait to meet him, I want him to stay put so that I can get through everything I have planned in the next two weeks and he can continue to grow, develop, and put on weight... we want a healthy little guy!

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: 2nd Doctor Appointment... tomorrow at 4 p.m.

What I Miss the Most: Let's just say I will be having a glass of wine as SOON as I get out of the hospital. No lie.

Symptoms: Hard to sleep, Braxton Hicks contractions, a little foot/ankle swelling.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on full term!!! Good luck with keeping him in there for another week!!!

    ReplyDelete