The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Been Too Long

Dang, I haven't posted in awhile.

I have just not had time to sit down and write a good post. But I am keeping up with my bloggie friends' blogs, and I realized... it's not the quantity of blog goodness that is important, it's the quality. And sometimes not even the quality, but the sheer quick update of what's going on. That's my new goal: even if my posts aren't lengthy, wonderfully-written, or poetic, I will post more frequently. I feel better when I am committed to my blog. I didn't take on this whole writing-of-a-blog thing just to throw it to the wind... it's part of me, part of my story. And I need to do a better job of keeping up with it :)

I am sitting in a hotel room in Toronto, Canada... first time to Canada. I'm here for work for 4 days - the first time I have been away from my little man over night. Am I sad? Well, sure I miss him. But it is good for both of us... he needs to be taken care of by just Daddy, and I need to focus on some huge work meetings happening here this week.

So, what's new? Here's just a few bullets:

  • Christmas was great for everyone except for me. On Christmas Eve, in front of my whole family (who I was hosting for drinks/appetizers/holiday cheer), I started to violently vomit. Seriously, it came out of nowhere, and I was either in the bathroom on the floor or curled up in a ball in my bed for the next 24 hours. It was horrible.


  • New Years was uneventful... we fell asleep at 10:30 p.m. LAME. Honest to goodness - I can't believe that we are turning into our parents.


  • Max continues to be the most wonderful little boy. He is almost 5 months, and he is keeping us on our toes daily. I can't take my eyes off him when he's on the changing table or on the floor... the kid rolls over from back-to-front and front-to-back constantly. Last week, I put him in the middle of our living room, went to pour coffee, and came back to my little man about 8 feet away from where I put him. He had rolled and scooted to the other side of the room. Child-proofing EVERYTHING is in our immediate future.


  • Max has two teeth on the bottom... first one popped through on January 9 and the other one joined his cute little mouth yesterday.


  • We are starting rice cereal on Friday... should be interesting :) He constantly watches Mr. D and I eat, and I can tell he's ready to chomp down some of his own food.


  • AF arrived on 12/23 and hasn't returned... not sure I ovulated, though. I didn't track this cycle, but now wish I would have because I am dying to see if my body goes right back to not knowing how to be normal.


  • We are planning to start trying for #2 this spring. More about that in an upcoming post.

Have a great week!
XOXO
Mrs. D

1 comment:

  1. So glad for the update!! I just checkedboth your blogs on Sunday morning to see if you had posted and I missed it!
    Glad you are back!
    Max sounds wonderful!!!!
    Sorry about christmas, that must have been awful!
    Can't wait to hear about solids, I am hoping for some tips before we start wit avery!!!

    ReplyDelete