The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

17 Weeks!

Wow, what a week. I've been super busy at work, which I love, but I'm exhausted at night. Each week, I start looking forward to the next weekend by Tuesday afternoon at the latest.

Other than work this week, let's see, what else is new? We brought my doggie into the vet today for his annual check-up. I always stock up on heartworm medicine and tick-preventing Frontline oil for the entire year (in hopes that we won't need to go back for anything serious prior to next year's appointment). On top of a couple of shots, his physical check-up, and a few other random charges, our bill was well over $300. Seriously, who knew dogs were this expensive to maintain from a health perspective? I am just lucky that mine is healthy, and for the most part, hasn't required other services.

We stopped at Babies 'R Us, and I think we've decided on the crib and dresser set we want. Yay! As soon as we close on the house - April 15 - it will go on order so that we can have it delivered to our new place. Exciting!

Here's my week run-down:

Best Moment of the Week: Wearing maternity jeans and really looking like I should be wearing them. I've been doing the rubber-binder trick for a few weeks, because it always cracks me up when women who are 6 or 8 or 12 weeks pregnant think that they need pregnancy clothes. Really... not needed. This week, I gave up on stretching my regular jeans with a rubber binder and threw on the new jeans with expandable waist. Wow, did they feel good. And, dang, are they needed.

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: Nothing memorable...

Obsessions: Wondering when I will first feel the baby. I definitely have a baby bump now, so wondering when I'll feel those first flutters. And, dying to know boy/girl. Only 2 more weeks until our ultrasound!

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: OB Appointment on Wednesday... I need a heartbeat fix!

What I Miss the Most: Wine. BUT... this week, I bought some Meier's Sparkling Grape Juice and put it in a wine glass. Although it's definitely not the same, it's kind of fun and sparkly tasting. It'll do :)

Symptoms: Tummy is slowly but surely growing...

:) Happy weekend, everyone!
Mrs. D

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have some many exciting things going on!!!
    I bet you had so much fun picking out a nursery set!
    Have a great week and enjoy your heartbeat appt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you waited to put on pregnancy jeans! I agree, no need to jump the gun. So glad everything is going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete