The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Progress on Goals

I'll preface this post with: I am kind of a by-the-book kind of girl. I am over the top with being accountable for what I sign up for, which is why I think I do a pretty good job at work. I deliver results.

Same with my personal life. I organize, document, and plan everything. It's just how I like to keep our lives managed. Remember my Start, Stop, Continue list? Oh, yes, my friends... it's time for my quarterly check in.

START
- Calling my parents and sister more frequently: In progress. My parents are married, and my sister is 6 years younger than me. I am close with my Dad. Mom and sister? Well, let's just say they are pretty much identical, and are pretty much the opposite of me. I am really trying to connect with them more. Being pregnant has naturally brought us all closer.
- Being more open to sharing our IF struggles with people I know in real life: In progress. I don't think I'll ever be one to shout "I AM A FELLOW IF'er... WHERE MY GIRLS AT?" from the rooftops, but I have made progress in telling people in many different ways that our pregnancy is a miracle and we've waited a long time for this. I share with those who I trust and who would want to know.
- Joining the 21st century by adopting technology with a data phone, Facebook, etc.: iPhone? Check. Facebook? Twitter? Uh.... still have some work here to do :)

STOP
- Worrying about miscarrying our baby and truly trust that God will take care of us: Done. I truly trust that this pregnancy is out of my hands and God has the ultimate plan for us completely figured out. I believe this with regards to our baby boy, our life, our next step with closing on our house in 2 weeks, etc. It feels good to completely trust.
- Living only for the future, and live life today for what it was meant to be: Still working on this. I think I've made progress in my personal life, but work still continues to be a challenge. It's always busy, always keeping me on my toes, and always making me think of what's next. I need to remember to slow down and enjoy the day for what it is.
- Trying to be a perfectionist at work and realize I am doing a great job: While I am working on this, my bosses have certainly appreciated my attention and dedication to work, resulting in a significant promotion last month and important work to focus on. I guess there's two sides of the coin here.

CONTINUE
- Working with Financial Planner, saving money, and using our money markets to support our dreams: Done. So excited to make our next move in a couple of weeks by purchasing our dream home, months earlier than we thought we would be able to afford it. If anyone doesn't have a financial planner (or at least, a super-strict sense of saving money), I highly recommend it... it's the only thing that got us organized a few years ago and helped us execute our priorities.
- Engaging in my professional work and aspiring for the next level: Done!
- Engaging in our Catholic faith and loving going to Mass and praying: Done, done, and done. But still have so much room to grow in our faith. We are at church at least weekly, if not more, praying and thanking God for the miracles we've been given. We are truly blessed. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment