2010 Year in Review:
January: Got pregnant! Almost as soon as I got the BFP, we learned we would be losing our baby. Miscarried. Devastated.
February: Sad, confused, and AF never showed up.
March: Doctor prescribed Prometrium, Clomid, and an action plan of next steps. Officially diagnosed with unexplained IF (knew that was coming). Took Prometrium, Clomid: BFN.
April: Clomid: BFN. Started blogging.
May: Mrs. D takes promotion at work. Higher dose of Clomid: BFN.
June: Even higher dose of Clomid: BFN. HSG scheduled. Mr. D and I have saved a lot of money at this point, and decided, since we’re not pregnant, let’s try to sell our house that we hated so we can buy a house that we love. Spent the month cleaning, organizing, storing, and throwing.
July: Horrible HSG (passed out, had seizure) and put house on the market. Ten days later, we had a signed purchase agreement from the new owners. Started with RE. Clomid: BFN.
August: Supposed to have Lapraoscopy surgery, but due to quick timing of our move, we pushed to September. Saved more money and closed on our house. Moved to temporary condo month-to-month so that we can purchase next spring when we don’t feel as pressured with all of this TTC stuff.
September: Lap scheduled mid-month was cancelled due to AF arriving 14 days early. WTF. Lap completed towards end of month.
October: RE meeting… weighed recommended next steps of IUI or IVF. Decided to wait for November to make a decision. Would likely start January 2011. Didn’t ovulate because of surgery.
November: Ovulated… wait a minute, why isn’t AF here?
December: BFP on December 2! Currently 8 weeks pregnant after 2 betas, 2 ultrasounds, and hearing/seeing our little bean’s heartbeat. We are ecstatic and praying that our little one stays healthy and safe!
I don’t exactly make New Year’s resolutions, but I do go through a mental process of determining what I would like to keep and change about how I manage my life. Below is my Top 3 Start, Stop, Continue List. Enjoy!
- Calling my parents and sister more frequently
- Being more open to sharing our IF struggles with people I know in real life
- Joining the 21st century by adopting technology with a data phone, Facebook, etc.
- Worrying about miscarrying our baby and truly trust that God will take care of us
- Living only for the future, and live life today for what it was meant to be
- Trying to be a perfectionist at work and realize I am doing a great job
- Working with Financial Planner, saving money, and using our money markets to support our dreams
- Engaging in my professional work and aspiring for the next level
- Engaging in our Catholic faith and loving going to Mass and praying
... and, of course, continue taking care of our little bean :)
To my blog friends, THANK YOU for your friendship in 2010. I had no idea what to expect when I started by blog in April, and truly just thought it would be a place for me to write for myself. I love the support of this community and can’t tell you how much it means to me to read your kind comments. I never thought that comments on a blog would really mean that much, but I take it to mean that you are a part of this journey with me. Thank you for your friendship! I look forward to staying connected in 2011.
Here’s to a brand new year – it’s going to be a great one!