The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First "Official" Appointment

Mr. D and I had our first OB appointment today. Holy cow, did we get a lot of information! We talked with the Doctor for awhile about our questions, and she gave us an overview of the process over the next 7-8 months. I had a breast exam, pelvic exam, and pap smear. Mr. D was sitting towards the side of the room, so he didn't see everything straight-on, but after we left, he goes, "Holy shit, there was like, a huge MACHINE inside of you!" He was referring to the clamps. Yup, it's all a part of being a lady.

Then, we got to hear the heartbeat for the second time. It is so amazing to hear our little bean's heart, steadily drumming away! Dr. found it right away, and it was really strong. She told me that now that we've confirmed heartbeat after 9 weeks, there's less than 3% chance of miscarriage.... or, the way I look at it, 97% chance of bringing home baby. I am still cautious, but feel WAY better after hearing that today. Every day, our little bean's chances get better!

Then, it was off to the lab for 4 draws of blood, a flu shot, and a urine sample. I was exhausted as we left the clinic about 90 minutes after we arrived. Definitely a successful visit, and we left with all of our appointments booked through April.

Estimated Due Date: August 13, 2011!

I haven't stopped smiling all day.


  1. CONGRATS!!! So great to hear such good news about Baby D :D xoxo

  2. Yay for August 13th! And tell DH he ain't seen nothing yet! Just wait til the birth! LoL

  3. I'm so so happy for you! Glad things went so well. <3