The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Sunday, January 9, 2011

9 Weeks!

I am 9 weeks today! Crazy. On one hand, it feels like I just got the BFP on my HPTs, but then I remember the several days of waiting in between betas, ultrasounds with days to spare in between, and figuring out how to hide the fact that I'm not drinking at holiday parties, and it feels like it's been an eternity.

Three weeks to go until second trimester, and I can not wait. I hope that everything goes well from now until then and we can reach our NT appointment in early February with no concerns. Please stay healthy and safe, little bean!

We have our first official Dr. appointment on Tuesday. Since I had so many check-ins in the very early weeks, the Dr. wanted to wait until 9 weeks to see me. I am hoping that we can check-in on the heartbeat... I am just praying that everything is progressing as it should.

Symptoms so far: aching boobs, extreme tiredness, extreme hunger, excessive peeing.

My boobs have hurt since the day before I got my BFP, got much worse, and now are calming down a bit. They are enormous, and I've already grown a whole size! I am a 34/36 D usually... not sure they can grow much bigger without having to bump up to an F. HOLY CRAP.

I am in bed, asleep, usually by 8:30 or 9:00 every night. I am just exhausted and can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. Last night, Mr. D and I stayed up to watch a couple movies, and I really pushed myself... made it to about 9:45 before passing out on the couch. I think that's a record for how late I've stayed up in the past month.

I am constantly hungry and have really started to take the "eat smaller meals, more frequently" tip to heart. This has been especially interesting at work. I am in-and-out of meetings all day long, and finding 5 minutes to stop by my office and grab a granola bar or handful of trail mix from my snack-stash can be tricky. I feel like I am never really full, and am always a little hungry.

What is up with the peeing? I have NEVER been one to have to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom. However, this has now turned into a nightly routine. And I don't just pee a little... I pee a LOT. And, a few nights, I've had a couple trips to the bathroom... last night, I got up to pee 3 times. Seriously, how much pee can a girl make during the sleeping hours?

I've had a couple moments of nausea here-and-there, but never gotten sick. I feel pretty blessed... you hear horror stories of women being draped over the toilet day-in-day-out and feeling like crap. I feel really good and am so glad I haven't been ill!

My stomach is definitely growing... nobody would be able to tell but us. Mr. D and I can both tell that the space between my belly button and lady-area is expanding. I can't believe it's real!

I'll post after our Tuesday appointment. Hope everyone is well!

XOXO
Mrs. D

No comments:

Post a Comment