The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Saturday, January 29, 2011

12 Weeks!

Wow - I made it to 12 weeks! Another milestone accomplished, and I couldn't be more happy. We are so blessed.

Mr. D and I promised that we would wait on a couple of things until we met the 12-week mark: weekly belly pictures, telling others about our pregnancy, and looking at/purchasing anything "baby" or maternity. I also decided to wait to track my pregnancy progress until now. I just didn't want to be disappointed if we suffered another loss, and although the wait from 3 weeks to 12 weeks has been incredibly long and agonizing, it's been SO worth it to hold off! :)

We are so excited for our NT ultrasound on Monday afternoon... this weekend just can't go fast enough and I can't wait to see our little bean! After the ultrasound, Mr. D and I are planning to share our news with friends and family... so far, the only people who know are two of my co-workers (including my boss), three friends, our parents, and my sister. I can't wait to share the news with Mr. D's sister and others in our lives who will share our excitement!

Without further ado, here is my first attempt at documenting my pregnancy:

Best Moment of the Week: After mumbling "Good Morning" to Mr. D this morning as I rolled over half-asleep, hearing him say, "Happy 12 weeks, my babies" just about melted my heart.

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: "So, how's the baby-making coming along?" This question came from my friend (who knows a lot about our TTC struggles over the years) over lunch yesterday, right before I told her that I am pregnant.

Obsessions: Pickles. But I don't think it's a craving. I love pickles anyway, and I feel like I crave dill pickles all the time, even when not pregnant. I won't share how many baby dills I've had in the last week... :(

Oh, and rubbing my hand over my lower-belly... there's definitely a small baby bulge there, and I love it!

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: Ultrasound!! I am so excited to see the baby again, and I am hoping it will help me relax a bit to know that we've seen our baby alive past the 12-week mark.

What I Miss the Most: Wine, hands down. It's not tough to not drink alcohol, per say, but sipping on wine is a daily relaxing activity Mr. D and I always do after work. I've had to alter my routine a bit and not walk directly to the wine glass after work. I've started sipping apple cider out of a wine glass, and that seems to help my craving... I think a piece of it is just holding on to the wine glass and sipping on something.

Symptoms: I've written about all of this before, but from about weeks 4-10, my boobs hurt so bad, I was almost in tears. They are huge now, but not hurt nearly as much. I also was peeing constantly during those same weeks, which seems to have calmed down a bit now (I've read this is normal... as you approach 12 weeks, your uterus moves up your abdomen, and applies less pressure to your bladder). Also during those weeks, I was sleeping a ton... asleep by 7:30, 8:00 each night. I am still a bit tired, but can stay up and not be completely exhausted. I am so thankful that I did not experience nausea... I had a few moments here and there, but never threw up and never had morning sickness. I am blessed!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 12 weeks! So exciting! I am loving pickles too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 12 weeks, what a huge relief, I am counting down to that huge mile marker!
    Also, it is SOOO nice to know that the painful boobs, constant peeing, and extreme tiredness ends at about 12 weeks!!!
    Enjoy telling your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Hope to see pic's for Baby D after your scan!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! That must be a huge relief.

    Also, thank you for your kind words on my blog this week. Losing my friend has been incredibly difficult, and will continue to be this way, but having the support of you and everyone out here makes it so much easier.
    AP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 12 weeks!!! I am living vicariously through you, so keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete