The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Monday, May 16, 2011

27 Weeks!

Every milestone amazes me. 27 weeks. So far along, yet still far away. I now know why women need this much time to prepare... if our little guy was to arrive right now, we are NOT ready. There's so much to do! Emotionally and mentally, we are ready, but we still have SO much to purchase, learn, and get situated.... all in due time, I guess :)

Here's my rundown:

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling him move all around! He jumps, spins, flips, kicks, and isn't afraid to move so dramatically that my tummy moves. It's so funny! I could watch my stomach all day :)

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: One that is kind of flattering, I think: "Wow, you have a basketball and don't look like the typical wide pregnant lady!" I've worked hard and exercised enough to know that I need to keep my body in a good place, so that after he's born, I can work quickly to get back to "normal." The only area I've grown is in my stomach (and a little in my boobs, I guess) and I love my round basketball belly :)

Obsessions: Strawberries. Not sure where that one came from, but I am eating a lot of strawberries lately. I don't believe in cravings, persay, but I really enjoy strawberries. Could eat them all day.

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: Getting a portion of our bedding in the mail! It's supposed to arrive mid-week, and we are planning on painting the nursery this weekend. His room will be light, sky-blue, but we want to wait to match colors until we have a piece of his bedding. Yay!

What I Miss the Most: Pretty much anything I can't have, including wine, soft cheese, sushi, and deli meat. I also miss not being able to see my toes anymore... makes shaving my legs even that more interesting!

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, and starting not to sleep wonderfully at night. It is a process to flip over to the other side. I have to wake up, hoist myself up, turn, re-situate my body pillow, and try to get comfortable again. This happens multiple times per night.

No comments:

Post a Comment