The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Break

I never quite understood when I read other women's blogs and they said they were "taking a break" from TTC. That never made sense to me... how could you take time off from attempting, and why would you do that? Always seemed like a waste of time to me.

And then I found myself putting my foot in my mouth, because it kinda feels like that's what we're doing.

Mr. D and I have had the most crazy couple of weeks. I got back from a week in CA for work on Friday night, just in time for Mr. D to head out of town for a couple days for a double-bachelor party/golf outing. He comes back on Wednesday, only to head out again on Friday until Sunday for state softball. Between all of this, our house looks completely empty, and our poor dog looks like he has no idea why his world has been turned upside down.

So... I guess we are kind of on a break. I don't even know if Mr. D and I will be in the same city when I ovulate this month, and for the first time in over a year, I am not tracking a damn thing.

And it feels good. It is so liberating to not document temperatures, pee-stick results, and random feelings throughout the month. Just let it happen if it's meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I am just coming back from a break after a few long and stressful months.....it feels great, and i am sure you will too after some time not worrying about TTC!!

    ReplyDelete