The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Friday, August 13, 2010

The Only Thing That I Can Think Of That Would Suck When Being Pregnant

Not drinking.

I know that makes me sounds like an alcoholic (and, please trust me... I am not), but, OMG, does my glass of Shiraz taste AMAZING right now.

The whole thought of not drinking when pregnant does not sound like fun. Mr. D and I are very social drinkers... we have a glass of wine with dinner, or a couple drinks when out with friends. We don't have a drink every day, but here and there. I've heard from pregnant women that having a drink doesn't even sound good while they are preggers. I have no idea what that would feel like... a drink almost always sounds good to me! I guess it's all about the sacrifices.

Mr. D is out of town this weekend for a softball tournament. And, so, tonight, it's me - already in my pajamas with no makeup, my little doggie in my lap, a marathon of VH1 reality shows, and a bottle of wine.

Let the good times roll...

2 comments:

  1. have a great night!! i love those nights alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw... please join in on the 30 blogs in 30 days.... not my idea, but lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete