The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Monday, August 16, 2010

Pre-Op Appointment

It's official. I'm moving forward with the laparoscopy.

My operation date and time is being scheduled as I type, but it will either be September 15 or 16. Two days off work for sure, and Mr. D has to stay with me for 24 hours after surgery.

I saw my Doctor today (who is 36 weeks pregnant, and won't be able to perform the surgery since she will be on leave... sad for me, because I love her) for a pre-operation appointment. The check-up showed, again, that I am totally healthy, so I guess this is just the next step. She explained that, given her conversations with Dr. E., we are probably looking at a tubal removal as worst case scenario. I had to sign something stating that I was okay with this. I guess I'm not really okay with it, but I approve them doing it if it needs to be taken out. It just feels weird signing away my left tube... it felt like signing my debit card receipt for money being taken out of my checking account. Best case scenario is that absolutely nothing is wrong and the HSG took care of pushing out whatever is/was in my left tube. I'm praying that it's an all-clear.

I'll post once I figure out which day surgery will be.

If you haven't checked out my blog friend, Jes', blog... you must. She is doing this super-fun, 30-day, "get to know all about me" activity that I love. It's been so fun getting to know someone who I automatically feel this sense of closeness to, given our like situations. I might be borrowing the idea soon so that anyone checking in on my blog can get to know me a little better :)

Hope everyone's having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment