The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Saturday, February 5, 2011

13 Weeks!

13 weeks, here I am! This past week has flown... with all of the house-hunting, offer on a house, and working from a different location, it was the weekend before I knew the week even really started.

Mr. D and I have a very lazy weekend planned. Last night, we went to our friends' house - a couple who has two little girls. We've known them for years, and it was so fun to finally be able to share our news with them. My girlfriend started crying! I've had that reaction from a few people now... tears. So sweet :)

We also told a few other friends this week, all of whom are so excited for us. We told Mr. D's sister and brother-in-law, as well. It's so fun to unveil the big, exciting secret with those we love!

The rest of the weekend should be pretty uneventful... maybe a movie later this afternoon, and a couple of house showings tomorrow. Our next Doctor appointment is Monday morning... we can't wait!

Best Moment of the Week: Starting to tell our family and friends that we are expecting without thinking/discussing, "should we wait and try to get to 12 weeks first?".

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: "So, I guess this means that you guys won't be buying a house anytime soon, right?" Uhhh.... actually, the opposite. We're moving a few months quicker than expected to purchase again and start preparing a new home for our little one. Two people have asked me a similar question, with the thought being that we should stay in our temporarily-rented condo since babies don't need much room and we'll have plenty of time to move once the baby is here. Thanks for the advice, but our Master Plan of how/when we are going to purchase house #2 is well on the way, so I am 100% confident (and stubborn about the fact) that we will move before baby arrives... no later than end of June.

Obsessions: Touching my lower-belly. It is definitely harder and starting to fill out a little bit :) I can't wait until it's big enough to actually tell that I'm expecting.

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: Doctor appointment on Monday morning! We get the results from the NT scan, and I have a ton of questions to go through. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again!

What I Miss the Most: Definitely still wine. Also sushi. I love tuna rolls, and we have this AMAZING hibachi place less than a mile from our condo... they also have super-yummy sushi. I am not craving sushi, per say, but I drive by this place at least once a day and think, "oooh, sushi."

Symptoms: Nothing new this week... just plugging along!


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad exciting things are happening for you. And I am excited for you as your share your great news with everyone. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and to also let you know that I gave you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was checking in as I remembered you had an appointment on Monday morning and just realised I never left a comment on this post! It's so nice hearing someone who is able to be excited. Here it's my husband who is the obsessive tummy toucher; I'm finding it a bit annoying too! I'll be doing something mundane like trying to clean the kitchen - and he'll decide the time is right to become obsessed with my abdomen. Mental.

    I hope your appointment went well. :-)

    ReplyDelete