The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Saturday, February 19, 2011

15 Weeks!

Thanks for all of the nice comments on my last post, ladies! It's so nice to know that, even after being absent for a week or so, this community is always ready to jump right back in where you left off. I love it!

So, here's the Week 15 recap:

Best Moment of the Week: Telling people at work I am expecting. My co-workers couldn't believe I waited 15 weeks to tell them! I am SO glad I did. I was with a smaller group of women yesterday over lunch - people I work with, but not my immediate team - and one had brought her 7-week old in for lunch. As I was holding her, I said, "I get to have one of you in my life in a few months!" The room fell silent, and I kept talking to the baby. "Yes, August 13 is the big day... I wonder if my baby will be a little girl like you, or a little boy?" The shrieking from the women was priceless.

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: One of my co-workers said, "You have the perfect tri-fecta of good things happening right now: baby, house, promotion." I couldn't agree more. I did venture out to say, "It's been a long road, trying to have this little one, and we couldn't be more blessed."

Obsessions: Wondering when I am going to be fully "showing." Sure, my belly is growing... Mr. D and I can totally both tell that. But I can't wait for the full on baby belly. I'm at that super-weird point of not-big-enough-to-tell, but looks-like-she-gained-some-pounds.

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: Starting my new job on Monday. Finally wearing my first pair of maternity pants to work... it's time to ditch the rubber-binder solution and jump right in.

What I Miss the Most: I kind of miss deli turkey sandwiches. Mr. D makes turkey sandwiches for his lunch, and it looks really good. I am not a fan of warmed-up deli meat, so I guess I'll steer clear. Oh, well.

Symptoms: Boobs are HUGE and nipples are getting WAY darker. It is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I really can not imagine them getting any bigger, but I think I am in for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment