The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Saturday, February 26, 2011

16 Weeks!

Another milestone accomplished! Here we are at 16 weeks, and we are getting more excited by the day. I am glad that we have the upcoming home purchase/big move coming up (April 15 is closing date) so that there are a couple of important things keeping us busy. Of course, Baby D is first priority, and definitely the most important and exciting, but it's nice to have a different kind of exciting distraction.

This week has been pretty fun... got to share the news with random friends/people I know in passing as I saw them. It's exciting to see people's reactions.

And here is the recapped week-at-a-glance:

Best Moment of the Week: Sleeping. I found a really comfortable way to position myself that allows my expanding tummy to rest on my side and not feel smooshed. Best sleep since week 10.

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: "I was wondering when you guys would finally get going on baby-making!" I smiled a forced smile. Oh, if you only knew. I was not one of those fortunate fertiles who wakes up one morning and thinks, "Gosh, I should make a baby today. I'll get started right away!"

Obsessions: Wondering when I will be officially showing and not just feeling/looking chunky, and wondering when I'll start to feel those butterfly feelings of the baby. Oh, and wondering about the gender... it feels like an eternity until we find out! Three more weeks :)

What I am Most Looking Forward to This Week: Hoping I expand in my mid-section even more... come on, baby... grow, baby, grow!

What I Miss the Most: Back to wine. I hosted a dinner night last night for my friend who is getting married in two weeks, and they cracked bottles of champagne and wine. Oh, did that flowing wine look tasty.

Symptoms: Nothing new this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment