The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Monday, November 8, 2010

You've Got Mail: Part 2

That's right... another bill.

This time, $581.25. That's well over $1000 for a procedure and medicine that doesn't even guarantee that we'll be able to have babies. And we have good insurance! How do people with not-so-good insurance do it? I am going in for IUI next month - PRAYING that I don't need it and that we get pregnant this month - and I still need to figure out how much we get to fork over.

I don't care about how much it costs, I would just much rather be spending my money on carseats, strollers, daycare, baby furniture, and college funds.

I've changed my mind... I don't like getting the mail anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how much this stuff costs? I am like you, I'd much rather be buying cribs, strollers, diapers, etc. FX that you don't need your IUI next month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have insurance coverage for my infertility treatments, and it gives me heart palpitations to think of having to pay for it all. I'm sure any of us WOULD pay any amount of money to get our baby, but the anxiety comes in where that money might come from...

    (Here from Stirrup Queen's 11/11 post. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, thanks for stopping by and your kind words! Hope things work out for you as well. You're so lucky your insurance covers infertility treatments, ours covers nothing infertility related so it's all been out of pocket..totally sucks!

    ReplyDelete