The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness

Mr. D and I took the day off work and I am currently sitting at my computer, sipping on a coffee, and looking out onto my patio, where the snow is lightly falling. The snow makes me really get into the holiday mood.

This year, there is just so much for me to be thankful for. Below is my top 10 list, in no particular order. I am thankful for:

1. Mr. D. Everything he is and everything about him is amazing. I will never love another person the same.

2. Our dog, R. He is kind of like our cute, fluffy, cuddly kid... he is the center of our home!

3. Our jobs. I love mine, Mr. D loves his. We work for amazing companies and we are proud of the work we do. It is so rewarding to love your career!

4. Gary and Sheila, a couple we've never met. They purchased our home over the summer in a crappy market. It was a miracle how smooth the whole process was, and the fact that they actually bought our place after it was on the market for 8 days, amongst all of the other homes for sale in our area in the overly-saturated housing market. What a blessing.

5. Our families. Great parents. Great sisters. Love their support, warmth, and care.

6. Warm coffee, some cream, and a little sugar... in the morning, afternoon, or whenever. Regular or decaf. It's all good :)

7. My blog and blog friends. When I started this blog, I had no idea what to expect. I have found my little spot on the internet to call my home, and I love that I have started virtual friendships with those whom I care about.

8. Our Catholic-based faith. Two years ago, we made it a priority to go to church every Sunday (before that, we were laid back about our attendance). Wow, do we love going to church. We love God and make our faith a priority each day.

9. Our financial planner, mortgage financer, and realtor. We are learning so much about our total financial well-being, and we feel so good about the decisions these key people in our lives have helped us with.

10. Our belief that someday, somehow, we will be parents. We have certainly been through a lot of steps we never thought we would, but it makes us know even more that we were meant to raise a family and have children. We can't wait for the day to come.

Happy Thanksgiving, my blog friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love your list.. so positive even though you are going through such a difficult time! Which post did you choose for the Creme de la Creme and how did you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this list. I feel optimistic for you!

    ReplyDelete