The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Monday, July 19, 2010

SOLD!

This blog has turned into my story about trying to become pregnant, but I have to remind myself that there are other parts of my life, too, that I focus on. Like this whole process of trying to sell our house. And, my dear friends, after 10 days on the market...

We SOLD!

We had one showing Thursday night, and the second on Saturday morning. Let me tell you, if you have never had to stage a house for sale before, I think it is stressful (well, it is for perfectionists, such as Mr. D and myself). And, I've said this a couple times already... I can't imagine doing it with kids. I am sure if you have kids, you can totally get a house ready for sale... people do it all the time. But, wow... even just keeping my stuff situated, organized, and orderly was an ordeal. Everything has to be in its place, dishes out of the dishwasher, mirrors cleaned, furniture dusted, etc. After our Thursday evening showing that was supposed to be 45 minutes turned into 3 hours (didn't even get back in our house to make dinner until 8:30), I was praying that our house would sell soon.

And what do you know. Our second showing with new people was Saturday. Mr. & Mrs. Buyers came in on Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m., stayed until 11:15 a.m. (Mr. D, my dog, and I were sitting in our car across the small pond from our house drinking Starbucks iced coffees, eating our Einstein bagels, and spying on them). We had an offer in our hands that afternoon, we countered back the next morning, and they re-presented their revised offer by noon. We accepted that afternoon. We close September 3!

Holy crap, do I have a lot to do :)

I know some people sit on the market for days - months - years before they can sell in this crappy market. I feel totally blessed that the right people are buying our place (their offer is non-contingent and they have 20% down, so we are as close to guaranteed as possible that they will actually close), and that this happened so quickly. With all of our TTC efforts, I think God knew that I couldn't take much more stress in my life :)

So, back to TTC. I am on Day 21 and hoping for that BFP next weekend... thinking I'll test around Saturday or Sunday, if I can hold out that long. Mr. D and I did everything we needed to this month to make it happen... it's up to God now. Of course, my tummy has started to feel funny, but I can't tell if it's cramps, funny things happening because a baby is in there, or I am just freaking out because of the fact that we have no idea where we will live in 6 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment