The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Sunday, October 24, 2010

CD2

It never fails. I hold myself off as long as possible to take an HPT, and literally, one minute after I do, AF arrives.

That's what happened Friday morning. Said a quick prayer, peed on a stick, hoped for the best, and saw that all-too-familiar negative sign. About two hours later, as I am sipping my coffee and checking e-mail at work, AF stopped on by. Wonderful.

So, CD2, and here I am. We decided to not rush into our IUI/IVF next steps... it was all so overwhelming, and while we are excited and ready for either or both of them, we have so much going on in the next month (weddings, birthday parties, weekend outings, etc.), we just didn't have the energy to try and figure it out quickly.

We're trying to decide if I should take Clomid this month - about 4 months ago, Dr. prescribed it and I had taken a hiatus from the meds. I thought that our insurance would be changing coverage on prescriptions, so I went ahead and filled the prescription at the time, so I have it available if needed. Those damn 5 small, white pills haunt me every time I open our linen closet where our medicine is... not sure if I'll take it this month or not. I am back to my CBFM, and I might just forego the Clomid. My RE, Dr. E, would be happy... she's not such a Clomid fan, and when she heard I was on it for several months this year, she said she would do everything in her power to not have me take it again. I didn't really care one way or another, but she obviously doesn't like it.

Other than that, not much else to report. Mr. D's 30th was a huge hit... prime rib turned out better than ever :)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear about your bfn.i hate AF.
    glad your birthday celebration went well!!!!

    ReplyDelete