The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mr. D's Birthday

It's IComLeavWe. International Comment Leaving Week. Check it out by clicking on the icon on the right navigation bar.

Never been here before? Welcome!!! I am SO glad you stopped by. Check out our story here.

I only get comments on my blog from a few people... so, come on peeps, leave me some comments to know that
my blog isn't only visited by 2 people (but I do love those two people and their comments :P)


And, note... I rarely talk about anything non-IF related on this blog. But today I feel like it :)
______________________________________

Mr. D turns The Big 3-0 tomorrow. He's so not interested in his birthday. He could care less that it's his b-day, let alone that it's kind of a big birthday.

So, instead of parties, surprises, or anything crazy... Mr. D has told me over-and-over that the only thing he wants for his birthday is prime rib for dinner.

Cooked by me.

Now, I am not a fantastic cook. I'm not bad, but I'm not great. I like to cook, but it always feels like I have a certain window of time that I have to execute a meal, and I just pick the shortest, best way to cook whatever we need. Sometimes it turns out great, sometimes okay, and once in awhile, crappy.

But prime rib is my specialty. I've made it 4 times in the past, and if I do say so myself, it's DAMN good. (Let me know if you want the recipe.)

But it takes - from prep time to actually serve time - 6 hours.

So, I took a half day tomorrow. My 8-lb. roast needs to be in the oven by 1:15 if we want to eat at 7:30.

Dinner is at Mr. D's parents' house - his parents, sister, brother-in-law, our dog, and me. Should be a fun afternoon/evening.

I am on CD30 and am taking a HPT tomorrow morning. I am officially 2 days late, but with the surgery this month, I'm not even sure I ovulated.

I'm just praying that I did.

And praying that I got pregnant.

That would be one amazing 30th birthday present.




1 comment:

  1. Soooooo jealous!! Prime Rib is my favorite! Happy Birthday to Mr. D and best of luck on an awesome birthday gift! :D

    ReplyDelete