The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crossroads of What to Do From Here

As we contemplate next steps, I've been doing a lot of research. As any IF'er knows, part of the inevitable research, although I absolutely cringe as I type this, is IVF.

Now, please don't get mad at me before reading my post. It is not that I don't support IVF or anyone who attempts/conceives this way... I absolutely do, and love the decisions that have been made by my friends to embark upon this journey.

It literally just hurts my own heart as I type those letters. I.V.F. Really? IVF is something for me to consider at this point?? ME??? How the hell did we get here? I keep wondering if somehow we are missing something, or - even better - that, magically, that maybe next month will be 'the month.'

But after 21 months of actively trying, and although I believe in God and the fact that He does really make miracles happen, I am not confident it will happen on our own.

So, I called our insurance provider and RE today. Basically, long story short, with the lapraoscopy and other procedures I've had done this year, we have far exceeded our deductible for me. Not a surprise. But, what I learned is that all types of IF treatment are covered under our current medical plan at 90/10.

Here's the kicker: in order to not meet another deductible and take advantage of the deductible we've already met in 2010, egg retrieval and transfer would need to occur on or before 12/31/2010.

I am looking for support... leave your comment or thought. It's been a long journey, and we are in the midst of making some tough decisions. What should we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment