The Journey to a Little One to Call Our Own

One gal's experiences dealing with IF, pregnancy, the birth of our first son, parenthood, and doing it all over again with our second son... here is our journey.


Saturday, June 5, 2010

Not Alone

There are so many people in the same boat as us. Wow. Comfort isn't in the numbers of women who are struggling and numerous stories of TTC. Comfort is knowing that there is a huge community of people who sincerely care about sharing their story (ups, downs, you name it) and allowing others to share in their excitement, grief, and frustration of this process. This blog never would have came to be if I didn't turn to my computer and think, "there have got to be other people experiencing this... I want to find them."

One blog I ran across is on my blog list of ones I follow: http://fertilityfrenzy.blogspot.com/. I don't know what it is about her blog, but Dana, who writes about her struggles to become and stay pregnant (and is now expecting), really captured my attention. I don't know her, and probably won't meet her, but just by her sharing her story, I feel like I am engaged in her journey. And that's what this whole blog adventure is about.

I hope that if others stumble upon my blog, I am an inspiration to them to share their story. TTC is the most private experience, and if you are like me, the last thing you want to do is blab your plans and attempts to everyone you know. But, sharing your story in some form is healing. Or, at least, I have personally found this experience to be a good outlet for me. I can count on one hand the number of people in my life who know that I have this blog... and that number includes Mr. D and myself. Maybe at some point I will want to share with my family and friends, but not yet. It's still sensitive enough to Mr. D and me that I don't want to share with my acquaintences. But sharing it online only helps me gain support and a sincere, humble, reassuring sense of "I am not alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment